Vegetable High Protein Stir Fry
- 1 pound of organic firm tofu
- 4 cups of vegetables (½ green bell peppers, ½ red bell onion, 4 broccoli pieces, 1 carrots, ¼ cabbage, handful of frozen peas etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (extra virgin coconut oil )
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons of sauce (soy sauce )
- ½ thumb size of miso paste (I use thrive market brown miso paste)
- Dash of spices→ cumin, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, curry powder, salt
- 1 cup of quinoa, brown rice, wild rice. Rinse and soak for at least an hour. Add water to cover the rice and quinoa. Cook in instant pot for high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized pieces. Cut the broccoli into very small pieces, shred the cabbage, finely chop red onions, carrots, and bell pepper.
- In a large pan or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and stir-fry until just tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices and miso paste
- Add the protein and cooked rice, saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can easily customize this recipe by using different proteins, vegetables, and sauces. Experiment to find your favorite combination.