Red Lentil Pancake
- 1 cup red split lentils wash and soak overnight
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder*
- 1½ tsp chickpea flour*
- 1 tsp each of cumin, turmeric, coriander, and a dash of black pepper powder
- 2 garlic cloves + 1-inch slice of ginger
- Avocado oil
- Drain and rinse soaked lentils.
- Place them in a blender together with the rest of the ingredients (apart from oil) and approximately 300 ml / 1¼ cups of water (a little less if not using garlic or ginger). Process until smooth, the batter should be pourable You may need to add a touch more water if it’s too thick.
- Brush 1 tsp is enough if you’re using a non-stick pan) of oil using a silicone brush.
- Pour ¼ of the mixture onto the hot pan and use the back of the spoon to spread the mixture out in a circular fashion – the pancake should be a bit thicker than a crepe. Cook each pancake for about 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip. Cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
*BAKING POWDER: It is not necessary, but I recommend adding especially if you prefer your pancakes a little thicker.
*CHICKPEA FLOUR: Not necessary, but it makes pancakes a little easier to manage.